Which storage model to use?

Topics: Business model, Datamodel, Setup
May 7, 2008 at 10:44 PM
There seems to be two models available:

1) Conventional SQL Server Tables
2) SSDS

I am just getting into Litware and I am wondering which storage model to use.

The situation is complicated because I am lookig at Software + Services from the point of view of and ISV. The ISV needs to 'own' all of the technology. There are several reasons for this such as 'control' and the business exit strategy which may be to sell the company and its Intellectual Property. I am concerned that if SSDS is used, the ISV does not own the storage component and therefore is not able to see it onto a prospective buyer of the ISV. This is an important business consideration that may prevent the ISV from adopting SSDS based 'in the cloud' storage.

Can anyone advise on which storage model an ISV should choose?

Coordinator
Jun 12, 2008 at 4:25 PM

Northlondonguy wrote:
There seems to be two models available:

1) Conventional SQL Server Tables
2) SSDS

I am just getting into Litware and I am wondering which storage model to use.

The situation is complicated because I am lookig at Software + Services from the point of view of and ISV. The ISV needs to 'own' all of the technology. There are several reasons for this such as 'control' and the business exit strategy which may be to sell the company and its Intellectual Property. I am concerned that if SSDS is used, the ISV does not own the storage component and therefore is not able to see it onto a prospective buyer of the ISV. This is an important business consideration that may prevent the ISV from adopting SSDS based 'in the cloud' storage.

Can anyone advise on which storage model an ISV should choose?

See my other response.
-ep