Build fails on Vista Home Premuim and VS2008

Topics: Setup
May 9, 2008 at 3:09 AM
I have attempted to build the solution using Vista Home Premium and VS2008 without success. The build fails at LitwareHR.Portfolio.Services with Microsoft.Web.Administration.ServerManger does not contain a definition for 'OpenRemote'

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

May 9, 2008 at 11:03 PM
We haven;t really tested the install on Vista. We do need IIS7. I'm not 100% sure, but it seems to me that that is what is failing in your environment.


dhollas wrote:
I have attempted to build the solution using Vista Home Premium and VS2008 without success. The build fails at LitwareHR.Portfolio.Services with Microsoft.Web.Administration.ServerManger does not contain a definition for 'OpenRemote'

Any suggestions would be appreciated.



Jun 22, 2008 at 10:01 AM
Hi,

I am also facing this issue in my VISTA configuration.

Any clue to resolve this?

Regards,
Prakash
Jun 22, 2008 at 5:35 PM
Hi all,

I resolved this issue by installing Vista SP1. :)

Regards,
Prakash
Jun 23, 2008 at 4:18 AM


pgnanaprakash wrote:
Hi all,

I resolved this issue by installing Vista SP1. :)

Regards,
Prakash


My best guess is a missign component. Did you run the "dependency checker" tool beforehand?

Jun 23, 2008 at 7:59 AM
If it is the missing component, it will show the error on reference. am I right? What it throw the error was, it doesn't have the function on ServerManager class. After installing the SP1 for Vista, it solved.
Jun 27, 2008 at 5:27 AM
Installing Vista SP1 did solve the issue with 'OpenRemote'.  But It is a two-edge sword.  The ADAM ADS is not compatable with Vista SP1.    The install still fails.  I have run into the same issue noted within another thread   http://www.codeplex.com/LitwareHR/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=29147
Any suggestions is appreciated.



pgnanaprakash wrote:
If it is the missing component, it will show the error on reference. am I right? What it throw the error was, it doesn't have the function on ServerManager class. After installing the SP1 for Vista, it solved.