Need Documentation

Topics: Architecture, Datamodel, Setup, Troubleshooting
Jun 5, 2008 at 6:30 PM
So far, I have only seen a 2 page installation guide... is there more documentation coming?

How do I configure the app to run locally, instead of using SSDS?

The code looks good, but I'd rather not spend a week trying to figure it all out myself.

Thanks.
Coordinator
Jun 12, 2008 at 3:51 PM

leftyfarrell wrote:
So far, I have only seen a 2 page installation guide... is there more documentation coming?

The code looks good, but I'd rather not spend a week trying to figure it all out myself.

Thanks.

If you have all pre-requisites, you just need to install the initial MSI (which only deployes the code & the setup scripts to a folder in your machine). Then click on the shortcut on the desktop "start here". That will compile and setup things for you. Everything has been automated, but things can happen....if you want to see what we are doing step by step, go to the scripts folder and you will see a numbered set of batch file that are responsible for everything (setting IIS, configuring certificates, deploying databases, etc).

I also post additional information on my blog: http://blogs.msdn.com/eugeniop 
Coordinator
Jun 12, 2008 at 3:58 PM

eugeniop wrote:

leftyfarrell wrote:

Thanks.

If you have all pre-requisites, you just need to install the initial MSI (which only deployes the code & the setup scripts to a folder in your machine). Then click on the shortcut on the desktop "start here". That will compile and setup things for you. Everything has been automated, but things can happen....if you want to see what we are doing step by step, go to the scripts folder and you will see a numbered set of batch file that are responsible for everything (setting IIS, configuring certificates, deploying databases, etc).

I also post additional information on my blog: http://blogs.msdn.com/eugeniop 

And BTW, there's 2 ways of running locally:

- Using the traditional SQL server based storage: See project LitwareHR.Recruiting.DataModel.Sql
- Using SSDS with the offline proxy: LitwareHR.Recruiting.DataModel.Sitka

For the latter see: You don't have a beta account with SSDS, but you'd like to use the latest LitwareHR anyway