Provisioning Error - error creating Virtual Folder

Topics: Tenant Provisioning, Troubleshooting
Sep 12, 2008 at 10:55 AM
While this error is broadly similar to that covered in the troubleshooting section, the solution given hasn't resolved it.

I am using the May 2008 release on Windows Server 2008.  Everything installed fine (with the exception that as I was not running the Team System edition of VS 2008, I had to remove the unit tests from the Litware solution in order for it to build).  I have checked that the Provisioning user is a member of the admninistrator group.  However, when I provision a site from http://www.litware.com/TryWizard/Default.aspx the following exception is thrown -

"An error was encountered while creating the virtual folder"
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1[[System.ServiceModel.ExceptionDetail, System.ServiceModel, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]]: "An error was encountered while creating the virtual folder"

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below. 

Stack Trace:

[FaultException`1: "An error was encountered while creating the virtual folder"]
   System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg) +2668969
   System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type) +717
   LitwareHR.Portfolio.Contract.IProvisioningUC.DoProvisioning(ProvisioningRequest request) +0
   LitwareHR.Portfolio.Gateways.ProvisioningGateway.DoProvisioning(ProvisioningRequest request) +59
   TryWizard_Default.DoProvisioningButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) +196
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +105
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +107
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +7
   System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +11
   System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +33
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint

Please advise how to resolve this.

Thanks
Stuart