Help in deciding architecture

Topics: Architecture
Mar 26, 2007 at 8:34 PM
HI
I hope somebody could shed some light on this.
I work for a company where eventually are moving from vb6 to .net world.
We have all sorts of applications,asp.net web site,services + many vb6 windows app.
We have decided to build a SOA distributited framework that could at presentation tier cater for all sorts of .net apps.

I have been looking at WebService Factory and I find some stuff very interesting,
but I would appreciate some guidelines on how these 3 apps differ/compare and their ideal usage:

Litware
WebService Factory(WCF) (dont see how wf could fit at the moment)
Dinner now

Because we dont have the time to write something from scratch ,I wanted to present to my boss
/collegues these 3 apps and explain their purposes.Well I am struggling.

Could you help/guide me in differiating the one from the other?

Thanks a lot in advance

Mar 27, 2007 at 3:52 PM
Hi
Maybe the following table helps you?:

Litware HR DinnerNow Web Service Software Factory
Goal To give you guidance on SaaS application development by demonstrating how main architectural challenges are solved with a Single Instance - Multi Tenant reference application and the use of Microsoft platform To demonstrate how you can develop a connected application using several new Microsoft technologies To help you quickly and consistently construct WCF and ASMX Web services that adhere to well known architecture and design patterns
Technologies involved IIS6, .NET framework 3.0, SQL Server 2005, Windows server 2003, ADAM IIS7, ASP.NET Ajax Extensions, .NET framework 3.0, Windows Powershell, .NET Compact Framework, Windows Vista, Longhorn Server .NET framework 3.0, SQL Server 2005
Guidance on SOA and WCF Implementation ready for Federated Security Scenario Use of different types of transport and demonstrating WCF to ASMX and WCF to MSMQ Is all about SOA and WCF :)

Thanks!
Ariel Schapiro
http://staff.southworks.net/blogs/ariel
Mar 28, 2007 at 8:01 AM
Thanks a lot for the very helpful table.That gives a quick and good insight.