LogonUser failed with error code : 1326

May 2, 2007 at 12:29 PM
Edited May 2, 2007 at 12:30 PM
Has anyone experienced this problem?
I have installed Litware HR on an XP VPC and accessed the try the application page. When I try to "provision the application" I get the following error:

LogonUser failed with error code : 1326
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1[System.ServiceModel.ExceptionDetail, System.ServiceModel, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]: LogonUser failed with error code : 1326

Source Error:

Line 42: public void DoProvisioning(string tenantName, string tenantAlias, int domainModel, string adminPassword)
Line 43: {
Line 44: base.Channel.DoProvisioning(tenantName, tenantAlias, domainModel, adminPassword);
Line 45: }
Line 46:

Source File: c:\Program Files\Microsoft AST\LitwareHR\Src\Litware\LitwareHR.Portfolio.Gateways\ProvisioningGateway.cs Line: 44

Stack Trace:

FaultException`1: LogonUser failed with error code : 1326
System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg) +1779954
System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type) +826
LitwareHR.Portfolio.Contract.IProvisioningUC.DoProvisioning(String tenantName, String tenantAlias, Int32 domainModel, String adminPassword) +0
LitwareHR.Portfolio.Gateways.UnSecureChannel.DoProvisioning(String tenantName, String tenantAlias, Int32 domainModel, String adminPassword) in c:\Program Files\Microsoft AST\LitwareHR\Src\Litware\LitwareHR.Portfolio.Gateways\ProvisioningGateway.cs:44
LitwareHR.Portfolio.Gateways.ProvisioningGateway.DoProvisioning(String tenantName, String tenantAlias, Int32 domainModel, String adminPassword) in c:\Program Files\Microsoft AST\LitwareHR\Src\Litware\LitwareHR.Portfolio.Gateways\ProvisioningGateway.cs:34
TryWizardDefault.DoProvisioningButtonClick(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\Program Files\Microsoft AST\LitwareHR\Src\Litware\Litware.WebSite\TryWizard\Default.aspx.cs:42
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +105
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +107
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +7
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +11
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +33
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint

Any help much appreciated

Con
May 2, 2007 at 1:33 PM
On further investigation I've noticed that I don't seem to have .svc mapped to aspnetisapi.dll. I try running aspnetregiis -i -enable and ServiceModelReg -r but netiher seemed to work and I can't manually set up this relationship.

Any ideas?
May 2, 2007 at 2:52 PM
Edited May 2, 2007 at 2:52 PM
Ok - I had the 404 error there for a while. I didn't have the .svc related to aspnet _ isapi.dll. I've manually done that now and back to the 1326 error. The Provisioning user is an Admin user and is the the web config file. So .... I'm back to square one ...
May 2, 2007 at 3:43 PM
Hi,

Just had the same problem...

Look for key="ProvisioningUser" in the web.configs and modify this key and the ProvisioningPassword="" key as well to an appropriate login for your system.

Hope this helps!

Shawn
May 2, 2007 at 5:04 PM
Shawn - you made me realise the problem.

My VPC is set up as US English and my keyboard is UK English, the characters " and @ are swapped. As the password is a masked field I didn't realise the password I was setting for the provisioning user different to the one in the config.

Sorted

Thanks a lot

Con