LitwareHR Smart Client is a simple application that demonstrates how to consume LitwareHR services from a desktop computer.
In the current version it implements the following use cases:
- Opening new positions
- Browsing existing open positions
The following features are demonstrated:
- Tenant branding (by downloading the logo used to customize LitwareHR site)
- Network awareness (the application gracefully handles network unavailability by caching new requests and synchronizing data when connectivity becomes available again)
- Tenant customization (entity and views definitions, customized by a tenant using the private web site are synchronized and the UI will appropriately reflect those changes)
- Rich visualization of information (the open position browsing function uses a WPF based control for exploring the information)
- Use of LitwareHR Functional and Non-Functional On-Line Services (LitwareHR services were not modified for this project)
Any feedback is greatly welcome!
To install, download the ZIP file, extract files in a working folder and copy dependent assemblies (mainly EntLib, CAB and SCSF May 2007 libraries) to the "Lib" folder. Open the solution in Visual Studio, compile and run. (You might need to refresh project references).
LitwareHR SC is based on the Composite UI Application Block, the Smart Client Software Factory (May 2007 Edition) and Enterprirse Library. It also uses SQL Compact Edition for local persistence.
We recommend you install SCSF first and use the SCSF Dependency Checker utility to verify that all prerequisites are met. You can download the tool from here
You don't need GAT & GAX unless you plan to extend the application on your own using SCSF's guidance packages.
More information on this sample application will be published on our blogs: